Welcome to SMA360°™
We understand that as a caregiver or individual living with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), life can be challenging. SMA360° is a support service from Biogen created to help families navigate the following areas of the treatment process with SPINRAZA*:
Once you are prescribed SPINRAZA, your FAM will reach out to begin helping you with the logistics surrounding your treatment. Your FAM will be your go-to person whenever you have a question or concern related to the logistics of your treatment journey while on SPINRAZA. Please remember that your/your child's healthcare provider should be the primary resource for any questions related to SMA and SPINRAZA. The FAM can provide guidance on SMA360° support services and how you can engage in programs tailored to your needs.
Your FAM can:
- Coordinate the logistics of getting started with treatment
- Prepare you for the treatment journey by educating you on what to expect
- Confirm that the SPINRAZA prescription arrives at the treatment center on time
- Connect with you at the treatment center, if you choose, to help with logistics as necessary
The relationship you have with your FAM should be one that’s comfortable for you and your family.
Insurance and Financial Assistance
Today’s ever-changing insurance landscape can be overwhelming. SMA360° Insurance and Financial Assistance Programs are designed to help you understand your insurance benefits for SPINRAZA, and find the most affordable way to start and stay on treatment as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
To help you make informed decisions regarding care, SMA Support Coordinators can:
- Investigate your insurance benefits to help you understand your current coverage
- Partner with healthcare providers so that they can obtain prior authorizations for treatment
- Provide support in the event of denied insurance claims
- Educate you on the eligibility details of the $0 Copay Program† from Biogen, which can potentially cover both your SPINRAZA prescription and the treatment procedure
- Supply background and resources to refer you to third-party charity organizations
- Counsel you and your family on the possibility of adding or changing insurance coverage
You can contact an SMA Support Coordinator at 1-844-4SPINRAZA (1-844-477-4672), Monday through Friday, from 8:30 AM-8:00 PM ET to get more information about these services.
Your SMA360° team is made up of some important people: your Family Access Manager (FAM) and your SMA Support Coordinator. Explore each area of service to find out more about the roles they play in your SPINRAZA experience.
*SMA360° services from Biogen are available only to those who have been prescribed SPINRAZA. SMA360° is available only in the US.
†Depending on your income or, in some cases, if your medication is obtained from an out-of-network provider, there may be an annual cap that limits the amount of assistance that you can receive over 1 year. Federal and state laws and other factors may prevent or otherwise restrict eligibility. Individuals receiving coverage from Medicare, Medicaid, the VA/DoD, TRICARE®, or any other governmental or pharmaceutical assistance may not be eligible. The $0 Copay Program is only available once your claim has been submitted to and paid for by your insurance company. Individuals may remain enrolled in the $0 Copay Program for as long as eligibility criteria are met. Contact an SMA Support Coordinator for full eligibility requirements.
TRICARE is a registered trademark of the Department of Defense (DoD), DHA. All rights reserved.