Follow this step-by-step guide to getting started with SPINRAZA
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER (HCP)
- Learn more about spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and SPINRAZA
- Discuss the benefits and risks of treatment
- Address any questions or concerns you may have
- Determine if SPINRAZA is right for you
Together, you can also fill out the Start Form and your HCP will submit it to Biogen to enroll you in SMA360º™ support services.*
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
Once a signed Start Form has been submitted to Biogen, your Family Access
Manager (FAM), will reach out to help you:
- Coordinate the logistics of getting started with treatment
- Prepare you for the treatment journey by educating you on what you may expect
- Navigate reimbursement options and other potential hurdles, such as obtaining prior authorization
Click here for a complete list of SMA360º offerings.
Please note that it may take some time to schedule your first treatment appointment.
YOUR TREATMENT CENTER MAKES ARRANGEMENTS FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Works with your insurance company to complete a full benefits investigation
- Schedules a date for the treatment procedure
- Ensures all logistics are in place for the day of the treatment
Click here to search for a SPINRAZA treatment center near you.†
Be your own SMA advocate
- Follow up with your HCP at each step with questions or concerns
- Be sure to keep all of your appointments
- Keep the contact information for your point person at the treatment center handy
YOU’RE READY FOR SPINRAZA TREATMENT
Travel to the treatment center for your scheduled appointment:
- Administrative staff will check you in, verify medical information, and complete the intake process
- Before treatment, your HCP may order blood and urine testing, as recommended in the SPINRAZA Prescribing Information
- Clinical staff will prepare you for the treatment procedure and your HCP will administer SPINRAZA
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Follow-up for postprocedure instructions:
- Administrative staff checks you out and schedules your next treatment appointment
- Your SMA360º team will follow up with you after each dose, but always feel free to contact them should you have any additional questions
- Your SMA360º team is also available to confirm your insurance information remains up-to-date, so your treatment can continue as planned
This is an illustrative example of treatment logistics. The timing, logistics, and process for treatment are highly variable and may be different for each institution. Each entry is meant to provide information about a step of the process and does not represent a specific measure of time.
*SMA360º services are available only to those who have been prescribed SPINRAZA. SMA360º is intended for
US residents only.
†Biogen does not guarantee availability at any particular treatment center. Every individual is unique and only after careful medical evaluation can a course of treatment be determined.