TAKING THE FIRST STEP
Make an appointment with your healthcare provider (HCP):
- Learn more about SMA and SPINRAZA
- Discuss the benefits and risks of treatment
- Address any questions or concerns you may have
- Determine if SPINRAZA is right for you
Together, you can also fill out the Start Form with your necessary information and your HCP will submit it to Biogen to enroll you in SMA360ºTM support services.*
The Start Form is not a requirement to begin treatment. It is only required to receive support services for which you are eligible. SMA360º can help address nonmedical access barriers, but you will still need a prescription to move on to Step 2.
Get familiar with SMA360º support services, including:
- Logistical assistance
- Product education
- Insurance benefits investigation and financial assistance
Click here for a complete list of SMA360º offerings.
YOUR SIGNED START FORM AND PRESCRIPTION HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
Click here to find a treatment center that administers SPINRAZA.†
YOUR CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
Speak with your SMA360º team to learn how they can help:
- Coordinate treatment logistics
- Navigate reimbursement options and other potential hurdles, such as obtaining prior authorization
Please note that it may take some time to schedule your first treatment appointment.
YOUR TREATMENT CENTER
The center makes arrangements for your appointment:
- Works with your insurance company to complete a full benefits investigation
- Schedules a date for the treatment procedure and orders SPINRAZA
- Ensures all logistics are in place for the day of treatment
FOR SPINRAZA TREATMENT
Travel to the treatment center for your scheduled appointment:
- Administrative staff will check you in, verify medical information, and complete the intake process
- Before treatment, your HCP may order blood and urine testing, as recommended in the SPINRAZA Prescribing Information
- Clinical staff will prepare you for the treatment procedure and your HCP will administer SPINRAZA
YOU’VE RECEIVED SPINRAZA
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
Follow-up for postprocedure instructions:
- Administrative staff checks you out and schedules your next treatment appointment
- Your SMA360º team will follow up with you after each dose, but always feel free to contact them should you have any additional questions
- Your SMA360º team is also available to confirm that your insurance information remains up-to-date so your treatment can continue as planned
OWN SMA ADVOCATE
- Follow up with your HCP at each step with questions or concerns
- Be sure to keep all your appointments
- Keep the contact information for your point person at the treatment center handy
See you at your next treatment appointment! Click here for a collection of downloadable resources with additional information about SPINRAZA.
This is an illustrative example of treatment logistics. The timing, logistics, and process for treatment are highly variable and may be different for each institution. Each entry is meant to provide information about a step of the process and does not represent a specific measure of time.
*SMA360° services from Biogen are available only to those who have been prescribed SPINRAZA. SMA360° is intended for US residents only. †Biogen does not guarantee immediate availability at any particular treatment center. Every individual is unique and only after careful medical evaluation can a course of treatment be determined.